Quality Control Committee
View list of Quality Control Committee members
To implement an in-plant quality management program for the truss industry as quickly as can be accomplished.
Quality Control Committee Strategy & Objectives
- Committee work that needs to be brought to the Board:
- All industry policy changes.
- All new industry policies
- Committee work that needs to be brought to the Treasurer:
- All committee activities that add a new committee task that has not been budgeted for in the current fiscal year.
- Additional cost will be reviewed and approved/denied by the Executive Committee.
- Help bring forward ideas to assist in formulating or changing existing quality control policy.
- Team up with/support staff to implement approved quality control policy
- Team up with/support staff to achieve quality control goals and objectives.
- Team up with/support SBCA staff to implement SBCA approved quality control policy and achieve SBCA's quality control goals and objectives.
- Work with TPI's Technical Advisory Committee on ANSI/TPI 1 quality standard issues.
- Provide feedback on implementation of the in-plant quality control processes and the use of In-Plant WTCA QC.
- Provide feedback on how to improve in-plant QC to ensure that we are meeting membership needs.
Quality Control Committee Chair Roles & Responsibilities
- The key responsibilities are as follows:
- Talk to staff prior to each meeting to gain a strong working knowledge of the committee agenda.
- Know what staff work has been done and what the staff plan is for existing tasks.
- Be a liaison between staff and the members of the committee.
- Help implement quality control policy, goals and objectives by mentoring and supporting staff.
- Monitor, advise and offer direction concerning key activities.
- Provide a business perspective on how quality management issues affect component manufacturers and help develop any needed action plans.
- Preside at all meetings of the Quality Control Committee.
- Report at Board meetings on the policy motions of the Quality Control Committee.