View list of Membership Committee members
To advance the component industry through a united effort that can only be achieved by representing the entire industry through membership.
Membership Committee Roles & Responsibilities
- Committee work that needs to be brought to the Board:
- All industry policy changes.
- All new industry policies.
- Committee work that needs to be brought to the Treasurer:
- All committee activities that add a new committee task that has not been budgeted for in the current fiscal year.
- Additional cost will be reviewed and approved/denied by the Executive Committee.
- Help bring forward ideas to assist in formulating or changing existing membership policy with the focus on membership growth and unity of purpose.
- Team up with/support staff to implement approved membership policy.
- Team up with/support staff to achieve membership goals and objectives.
- Work within SBCA Chapters to develop good membership communication and a strong grass roots organization that will help us serve all members better.
- Assist with updating SBCA component manufacturer non-member database.
- Help contact members and non-members to become more knowledgeable about SBCA.
- Encourage involvement with our association team (committees, chapters and staff) to provide perspective on industry projects.
- Provide staff feedback on calls and comments made to help refine membership committee strategies.
- Help promote Annual Workshop & Conference and BCMC attendance to all component manufacturers during the year.
- Promote attendance at these functions at each Chapter meeting.
- Provide feedback on how we can make attending the Annual Workshop & Conference and BCMC more valuable to all component manufacturers.
Membership Committee Chair Roles & Responsibilities
- The key responsibilities are as follows:
- Talk to staff prior to each meeting to gain a strong working knowledge of the committee agenda
- Know what staff work has been done and what the staff plan is for existing tasks.
- Be a liaison between staff and the members of the committee.
- Help implement membership policy, goals and objectives by mentoring and supporting staff.
- Monitor, advise and offer direction concerning key committee activities.
- Provide a member's perspective on membership programs and how to best serve members.
- Encourage committee members to make calls to current and potential members.
- Help strengthen and support Chapters.
- Help promote Annual Workshop & Conference and BCMC attendance.
- Preside at all meetings of the Membership Committee.
- Report at Board meetings on the policy motions of the Membership Committee.