View list of Marketing Committee members
To promote the use of engineered floor, wall, and roof structural components in residential and commercial projects.
Marketing Committee Roles & Responsibilities
- Committee work that needs to be brought to the Board:
- All industry policy changes.
- All new industry policies
- Committee work that needs to be brought to the Treasurer:
- All committee activities that add a new committee task that has not been budgeted for in the current fiscal year.
- Additional cost will be reviewed and approved/denied by the Executive Committee.
- Help bring forward ideas to assist in formulating or changing existing marketing policy:
- Team up with/support SBCA staff to implement approved marketing policy and achieve SBCA's marketing goals and objectives.
- Team up with/support SBCA staff to achieve SBCA's marketing goals and objectives.
- Help contact exhibitors/advertisers and potential exhibitors/advertisers for BCMC and SBC Magazine:
- Work with staff on developing a contact list and contacting potential exhibitors and advertisers. Work with staff to make calls.
- Provide staff feedback on calls made and comments made so that we can refine marketing strategies.
- Call current exhibitors/advertisers during the year and/or stop by their booth at BCMC.
- Thank them for their support of BCMC/SBC Magazine and the industry work that we can get accomplished due to their participation.
- Provide feedback from these conversations to help ensure that BCMC/SBC Magazine is providing meaningful value to each exhibitor/advertiser.
- If they are exhibitors but not advertisers provide feedback on why this is the case and how we can make advertising more attractive.
- Help promote BCMC attendance to all component manufacturers during the year. Promote BCMC attendance at each chapter meeting.
- Provide feedback on how we can make attending BCMC more valuable to all component manufacturers.
Marketing Committee Chair Roles & Responsibilities
- The key responsibilities are as follows:
- Talk to staff prior to each meeting to gain a strong working knowledge of the committee agenda.
- Know what staff work has been done and what the staff plan is for existing tasks.
- Be a liaison between staff and the members of the committee.
- Help implement marketing policy, goals and objectives by mentoring and supporting staff.
- Monitor, advise and offer direction concerning key committee activities.
- Work with staff to encourage committee members to make calls to current and potential advertisers and exhibitors.
- Work with the staff and the treasurer on product pricing.
- Will provide a CM perspective on the products and services that component manufacturers need SBCA to provide.
- Provide a CM perspective on the value of these products to all component manufacturers.
- Help refine the marketing plan.
- Preside at all meetings of the Marketing Committee.
- Report at Board meetings on the policy motions of the Marketing Committee.