View a list of Management Committee members
The committee will make recommendations to the Board on various management tools such as seminars, documents, management resource materials, etc. that when offered for use by the truss industry will enhance the professionalism of the industry, inform the fabricator and create membership benefits for all SBCA members.
Management Committee Roles & Responsibilities
- Committee work that needs to be brought to the Board:
- All industry policy changes.
- All new industry policies
- Committee work that needs to be brought to the Treasurer:
- All committee activities that add a new committee task that has not been budgeted for in the current fiscal year.
- Additional cost will be reviewed and approved/denied by the Executive Committee
- Help bring forward ideas to assist in formulating or changing existing management policy.
- Team up with/support staff to implement approved management policy.
- Team up with/support staff to achieve management goals and objectives.
- Work with staff on the various industry support tools such as seminars, documents, management resource materials, online training/certification, etc. whose goal is to add value to all component manufacturer businesses and enhance the professionalism of the industry.
Management Committee Chair Roles & Responsibilities
- The key responsibilities are as follows:
- Talk to staff prior to each meeting to gain a strong working knowledge of the committee agenda
- Know what staff work has been done and what the staff plan is for existing tasks.
- Be a liaison between staff and the members of the committee.
- Help implement management policy, goals and objectives by mentoring and supporting staff.
- Monitor, advise and offer direction concerning key committee activities.
- Provide a business perspective on how management issues affect component manufacturers and help develop any needed action plans.
- Preside at all meetings of the Management Committee.
- Report at Board meetings on the policy motions of the Management Committee.