View list of Legislative Committee members
The committee will make recommendations to the Board on various legislative policies that affect the structural building component industry. This committee will inform structural building component manufacturers of key legislation and action needed to protect our industry. The committee will work with chapters to develop a legislative network to foster change on behalf of the structural building component industry. Ultimately, this work will create significant membership benefits for all SBCA members.
Legislative Committee Roles & Responsibilities
- Committee work that needs to be brought to the Board:
- All industry policy changes.
- All new industry policies
- Committee work that needs to be brought to the Treasurer:
- All committee activities that add a new committee task that has not been budgeted for in the current fiscal year.
- Additional cost will be reviewed and approved/denied by the Executive Committee
- Bring forward ideas to assist in formulating or changing existing legislative policy.
- Team up with/support staff to implement approved legislative policy.
- Team up with/support staff to achieve legislative goals and objectives.
- Work within Chapters to develop a legislative network to create new legislation or legislative change on behalf of the structural building component industry.
- Assist with developing a database of key legislative contacts/relationships at national, state and local levels so that our industry can have a voice in the legislative process.
Legislative Committee Chair Role
- The key responsibilities are as follows:
- Talk to staff prior to each meeting to gain a strong working knowledge of the committee agenda.
- Know what staff work has been done and what the staff plan is for existing tasks.
- Be a liaison between staff and the members of the committee.
- Help move legislative policy, goals and objectives into effect by mentoring and supporting staff with implementation.
- Help monitor, advise and offer direction concerning key legislation and action needed to protect our industry.
- Will provide a business perspective on how legislation affects the structural building components industry and help develop any needed action plans.
- Work with staff to inform structural building component manufacturers of key legislation and help staff implement the actions needed to protect our industry.
- Preside at all meetings of the Legislative Committee.
- Report at Board meetings on the policy motions of the Legislative Committee.