View list of Executive Committee members
Executive Committee Roles & Responsibilities
The Executive Committee shall have full power and authority, to the extent permitted by law, in the government, management and control of the Council and its affairs during the intervals between meetings of the Board of Directors.
President's Roles & Responsibilities
- Is the principal executive officer of the Council.
- Is in charge of the business and affairs of the Council.
- Sees that the resolutions and directives of the Board of Directors are carried into effect
- Unless that responsibility is assigned to someone else by the Board of Directors.
- Discharges all additional duties as may be prescribed by the Board of Directors.
- Presides at all meetings of the Members and of the Board of Directors.
- Works closely with staff on the implementation of SBCA policy, goals and objectives.
President-Elect's (Treasurer) Roles & Responsibilities
- Assists the President in the discharge of his duties as the President.
- Directs and perform other duties as assigned by the President or by the Board of Directors.
- In the absence of the President, shall perform the duties of the President
- When acting shall have all the powers of and be subject to all the restrictions upon the President.
- Is the principal accounting and financial officer of the Council.
- have charge of and be responsible for the maintenance of adequate books of account;
- have charge and custody of all funds and securities;
- be responsible for the receipt and disbursement of funds.
- Works closely with staff on the implementation of SBCA financial policy, goals and objectives.
Secretary's Roles & Responsibilities
- Records the minutes of the meetings of the Members and of the Board of Directors
- Sees that all notices are properly given.
- Is the custodian of the corporate records and the seal of the Council
- Keeps a register of the post office address of each Member
- Performs all other duties as may be assigned by the President or by the Board of Directors.
- Works closely with staff on the implementation of all duties of the office of Secretary.
Executive Director Roles & Responsibilities
- Direct and administer the affairs of the Council subject to the general direction and supervision of the Executive Committee and the Board of Directors.
- Perform the duties and responsibilities customarily performed by the staff of a trade association without limitation, as follows:
- Operate a national office for SBCA;
- Maintain SBCA's corporate records, membership files, general files and mailing lists;
- Coordinate the elections of SBCA's officers and directors;
- Attend the meetings of SBCA's Board of Directors and committees and prepare minutes and other resolutions and reports as are required;
- Providing general advice and guidance with respect to the problems, concerns and activities of SBCA;
- Promote growth in SBCA's membership, including development of membership goals, prospect lists and programs;
- Handle all communications from and to members of SBCA;
- Coordinate the publication of SBCA's publications;
- Coordinate SBCA's conferences in selected locations within the United States;
- Provide financial management for SBCA, including maintaining books of account and dues records, preparing financial statements, arranging for an annual audit of SBCA's financial statements at SBCA's expense, preparing a budget, and overseeing the investment of SBCA's funds;
- Analyze and inform SBCA of conditions which may affect the wood truss industry, including new products and services;
- Serve as liaison between SBCA and other industry organizations;
- Write articles on improved operating methods and procedures for publication by SBCA;
- Develop position statements on issues affecting the wood truss industry for dissemination by SBCA;
- Engage in other activities to enhance the technical and economic progress of the wood truss industry as Manager may be directed by SBCA.
- Manage all facets of SBCA's annual tradeshow, the Building Component Manufacturers Conference (BCMC).
- Manage all facets of SBCA's interest in Structural Building Components magazine.